Jon Huckins is the Co-Founding Director of The Global Immersion Project, a peacemaking training organization that helps individuals and communities move towards conflict and become everyday peacemakers. He is the co-author of Mending the Divides: Creative Love in a Conflicted World and Thin Places: Six Postures for Creating and Practicing Missional Community, and writes for numerous publications including USAToday, Red Letter Christians, Sojourners, and Relevant. Jon lives in San Diego with his wife and four children where he pastors an intentional faith community. In this episode of RePlacing Church he joins me to talk about:
- The need for developing a holistic view of peace
- Peacemaking in the spheres of interpersonal relationships, local injustice and international conflict
- How our theology should fuel rather than restrict our pursuit of peacemaking and renewal
- Stories of confronting violence with a posture of non-violence
- Why we need wisdom to know when to leverage our privilege for others, and when to lay down our privilege for others
Get your free RePlacing Church Resource List, a guide to being and becoming the church in the neighborhood.
Support RePlacing Church on Patreon. I need your support to offset production costs so that I can continue to offer quality content and insightful interviews that will help you grow in your faith and practice. Visit www.patreon.com/benkatt, become a RePlacing Church Patron for as little as a $1/month and receive access to bonus podcast episodes, additional blog posts and more exclusive content! More information here.
Episode Song Credits: "Another Wrong to Right" by Mercir. "Feels Like Home" by Immersive Music. "Full Humanity" by Cymatix. Used with Permission.
Production Assistance by Nate Tubbs.