Christiana Rice is the coauthor with Michael Frost of To Alter Your World: Partnering with God to Rebirth Our Communities. Christiana is an on-the ground practitioner and visionary voice in the missional movement, serving as a coach and trainer for missional leaders with Thresholds, based in San Diego, CA where she leads a neighborhood faith community in the Golden Hill neighborhood. A daughter and granddaughter of missionaries, Christiana grew up in Tokyo, Japan. Whether teaching and coaching global leaders, engaging the deeper spiritual longings of her neighbors or embracing the sacred mundane of daily life with her family and her community, Christiana seeks participate in God’s restoration of all things. In this episode of RePlacing Church, we talked about:
- How being a “Third Culture Kid” has shaped her sense of connection to place
- Why we need to shift the conversation from saving the church to altering the world
- How changing our metaphors alters our understanding of church planting
- How listening to stories transform our capacity to be present in our neighborhoods
- 6 promises that members of a neighborhood faith community can make to each other
- The transformative power of coaching
*Get your free RePlacing Church Resource List, a guide to being and becoming the church in the neighborhood.
Episode Song Credits: "Another Wrong to Right" and "You Won't Walk Alone" by Mercir. "Closed" by Zadok Wartes. Used with Permission.
Production Assistance by Nate Tubbs.