Rev. Alexia Salvatierra is the founder and “madrina” of the Faith-Rooted Organizing UnNetwork. She is a Lutheran Pastor with over 35 years of experience in community ministry, including church-based service and community development programs, congregational and community organizing, and legislative advocacy. She is the author with Dr. Peter Heltzel of Faith-Rooted Organizing: Mobilizing the Church in Service to the World. She has been a national leader in the areas of working poverty and immigration for over 20 years, including the co-founding of the national Evangelical Immigration Table. In this episode of RePlacing Church, she joins me to discuss:
- What is faith-rooted organizing
- How to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves
- Why organizers need to appeal to more than people’s self-interest for social change
- Why faith-rooted organizing needs to be open sourced
- The compassion of Jesus
- The questions we must ask as we pursue “justice in the process”
*Get your free RePlacing Church Resource List, a guide to being and becoming the church in the neighborhood.
Episode Song Credits: "Another Wrong to Right" and "You Won't Walk Alone" by Mercir. "Closed" by Zadok Wartes. Used with Permission.
Production Assistance by Nate Tubbs.